I’ve come to a fork in the road. I’ve been here before but this time is different. I finally have direction and I am very clear about my destination. Now all I have to do is figure out how to keep moving forward. I’m finding it difficult to cram everything I NEED to do and everything I WANT to do in my 24 hour day, 7 day week. Yeah, Yeah I know I have the same 24 hours that Beyoncé has….whatever. She has several personal assistants, managers, drivers, chefs and a slew of Minions to keep her in FORMATION. I am practically a one woman show. It’s me and one Good, Good Girlfriend. So how do I keep the momentum going without having a mental breakdown and CRASHING?
I need MapQuest… I need that Navigation Chick to chime in throughout my day and talk to me. “In 45 minutes post a picture on Instagram. In 3 feet, turn right, sit down at your desk and blog.” Wouldn’t that be perfect? For me it would be ideal! BUT… since this is NOT about to happen any time soon, I am taking steps to figure it out on my own. To Thy Own Self be True….. Lisa Needs a written plan. I thrive off ‘TO DO LISTS’ and ‘SCHEDULES’. So I went out and purchased a HANDY DANDY NOTEBOOK and devised a Master Plan.
The First 5 Steps
Scheduling for Success and Planning for Progress
- Pray Daily, reconnect with Myself and God. Ask for His direction.
- Devise an hour by hour schedule that will help develop a routine that incorporates work obligations, writing/blogging, exercise and relaxation.
- Eliminate distractions and activities that are not productive.
- Eliminate the people and situations that are weighing me down.
- DO!!! Put steps 1 through 4 into ACTION! Open the doors that Lead to Success and Get Moving!